LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahan mahan (NIL)     13 July 2020

Rwa misappropriation

i paid an amount demanded by RWA in 2012 for erection of lift in apartment complex; whereas one lift was erected in the complex in other block and no lift was erected in our block; thus my money contributed for the purpose was misappropriated, leaving me without any benefit for my contribution.

periodically written to RWA asking them to refund the amount; RWA evades the issue on the ground that RWA has not filed audited accounts at all with registrar; hence the present office bearers orally refusing to my request.

Now, what should i do.

can i offset any payment ( for repairs or even monthly maintenance charge) demanded by RWA

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 July 2020

You are the only person affected by non-action of RWA or some other members are also involved ? 

Although your case is barred by limitation, issue legal notice for erection / installation of lift in your block. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 July 2020

What was proposal - was it specific in that the lift would be erected in your block? What is the atand of the other residents in your block?

mahan mahan (NIL)     14 July 2020

our block has 16 flats of which like me there are 3-4 other victims too; other victims are not either having proof of such payment or they are not interested in tracking. i have served my notices to the RWA a few years back. but no reply

1. whether the criminal action for cheating is still barred by limitation?

2. can i go to consumer court? or can i go to local police

3. can i offset against my dues in future towards either regular maintenance or any upcoming common repairs.

pl clarify

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register