LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishore kumar   14 August 2022

RTI related

i have applied under RTI 2005, but , govt information officer was not ready to give certified copies of desired information and after First appeal he sent a letter to me stated that it is not possible for us to give you all information, so that you can come and see the desired information on fixed date.
pl let me know can a designated Information officer refuse or denied to supply of such information in RTI Act?
Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 August 2022

The first appellete authority has already offered inspection of records and obtain desired documents.

kishore kumar   15 August 2022

no sir, actually first appeal authority instruct to information oficer to gather the desired papers and give information to applicant, but in the meantime , instead of giving copies, information officer wrote that not possible give copies but can see the papers only. papers are not any secret , sensitive or personal catagory. just routine papers.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     15 August 2022

Complain to the 1st appellate authority that the information officer has not provided you required papers/documents.  

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 August 2022

After examining the file, you can seek copies of the information, as required. In fact, the overzealous action of the authority is a blessing in disguise.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 August 2022

Did you inspect and earmark desired documents / information and declined by PIO ?

No, you did not.

If yes, have you informed First Appellete Authority ???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register