LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BS Rangi (President)     17 July 2021

Rti act 2005 section 3 read in conjunction with section 6.


Some doubt about as to who can ask information under RTI Act in addition to Citizen of India. As per Sec 6 can an organisation like RWA  also seek information from Public Authority ?    



 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 July 2021

RWA through its President / Secretary can also seek information from concerned Public Information Officer u/s 6 of the RTI Act, 2005

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 July 2021

Only a citizen of India can seek information as held by several High Courts.  Hence he should seek information in his personal capacity, and in the address he can state his designation and address.


Application dt.18th July, 2021 seeking information under RTI Act.

Before:  .CPIO, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi.

RTI fee: Postal order No....for Rs.10/- fvg;Accounts officer, MHA, payable at New Delhi.

Applicant:: B.S. Rangi, President, RWA.

Information solicited:


Applicant (B.S. Rangi)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register