Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V S VARUN (COMPANY SECRETARY)     04 November 2013

Rti

Dear Professionals,

I seem to have some problem with an Insurance company, having regional office at Bangalore, as regards settlement of accident claim.  Insurance company has deducted some amount from Tribunal awarded compensation, which it is claiming as TDS and paid the balance.  It appears that the amount so deducted is much more than TDS as per IT Act.  Even the TDS amount appear to have not been paid.

I feel filing RTI, could help in getting the correct information and details.

Will feel happy to get the professional support of experts in this field of RTI, based at Bangalore.  Of course the amount involved is very small and relates to a  person crippled by a motor accident.

Interested professionals can contact me at:

V S VARUN - 8123481230 or vsvarun@yahoo.com

Learning

1 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     04 November 2013

You have every right to ask the particulars of the "deductions" from the Insurance Company. You better to send a Notice (sent by yours)  to the company asking the detailed "Deductions" with Registered Post with Acknowledgement Card and ask them to give  reply within two weeks time. Your problem will be solved,if they give suitable reply.  It they are not reacting, then you go for a case before the appropriate reddressal. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register