Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

visweswara sarma (whole sale trading)     14 June 2011

Rights of grand daughters in their grand father property -

We are four brothers and 4 sisters.
3 of my sisters are married before the year 1980 and the fourth sister got married in the year 2000.
My grandfather has two self acquired properties in his name - One of them is a vacant land and the other is a residential buiding.
My Grandfather died in the year 1980 leaving behind an unregistered ' WILL ' which says that both of his properties should be inherited to his male grandsons only.
The ' WILL ' has two witnesses. One of them is my maternal uncle & the other person is a friend of my father as witnesses.
All of my sisters have executed an unregistered agreement in favour of our brothers on stamp papers taking demand drafts as " PasupuKumkumalu " for the sake of relinquishing their rights on the said vacant land in my grandfather name.
My grandfather has purchased and gifted some other vacant land in my mother's name for taking care of him in his  old age.My mother has already sold her piece of land long ago during her life time

Note:
My father died in the year 1984
My grandmother died long ago before my grandfather died in 1980.

My question : Do my sisters get their share in the said two properties in my grandfather's name if they claim in a court of law.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register