LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunny (Manager)     25 September 2012

Rights in father's property for nri daughter

My father died with no will and left lots of properties. However, not sure if he has those properties in his name or my brother's name. Ques 1: Is there a way to find out without letting my brother know that I am finding out all this info, all properties are in NCR region

Ques 2: My brother got my mom and (all) sisters (including me) to sign papers for 1 of the properties, we signed it on his name as mom was still alive and he was looking after her. Is it possible to go back now and dispute the same property and ask for share?

Ques 3: Do daughters have any right on property if father bought all properties on his son's (my brother's) name? Considering it was father who was making money and not brother?

Learning

1 Replies

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     25 September 2012

1)Information regarding the property in your fathers name can be gathered from close friends and relatives.

2)As your father had many other properties instead of challenging the existing settlements you should concentrate on getting shares in the other properties.

3)You cannot chellenge the properties purchased from the current income of your father,as it will be treated as self acquired property. you can chellenge if you could prove ancestral nucleous in the properties puchased.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register