Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Sai   23 May 2021

Right to Information act

can we use a R.T.I reply as a important evidence in Court

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 May 2021

yes. Very much. It is legal and valid ducoments through R.T.I. 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 May 2021

Yes. You can use RTI reply for evidence.

aditi srivastava   24 May 2021

respected sir

Documents under RTI are admissible in the court as they are issued by the government and have the seal of that department. You must file the original RTI document and not the photocopy of that document. The authority which has possession of it must sign and dully stamp the document this is known as a certified copy. 

hence if a document is obtained from a competent authority under RTI it is valid but in case other private documents the copies of which are obtained under the Right to Information Act, the provisions of Evidence Act with regard to secondary evidence have to be satisfied.

regards

Arpita Chauhan   24 May 2021

Respected Sir,

First of all, answering your question, Yes RTI reply can be used as an evidence in the Court of Law.

You should also know that Right To Information Act is many a times used in Criminal and Civil case to obtain Government documents.

No doubt, there has been many controversies over the admissibility of documents received in RTI as an evidence in Court but as of now if a certified copy of the documents is submitted ten they are admissible in the Court of Law as an evidence.

They are considered legal and valid.

I hope I was able to help you

Regards

Arpita Chauhan

Law Student

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     24 May 2021

yes i do stand with experts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register