Right to father's property

Dear Members, Here,a minor girl lives with mother and her father lives separately for long.The father lives with his parents and doesn't provide for wife and daughter.Now, suddenly he dies.The daughter doesn't have any idea about the money and property made by her father as all documents are with her grandparents and uncles etc.Now,how and where does she approach for her right to father's property? Her father was a middle level bureaucrat with the state government. Please reply.

if the father has not left any will then as per law of intestate succession she will get equal share as of other class 1 heirs (e.g., son, wife,etc.) Under hindu succession adaughter can claim right in coparcenary property. Both ancestral and self-acquired property can be a coparcenary property.

Total likes : 1 times


Mother can file suit on behalf of daughter and herself for partition .if she is unable and daughter is minor then any one who is next friend can file suit for partition.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x