LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahak (student)     18 December 2011

Revocation of gifted property

I  am 55 year old married women my husband  gift  settlement deed  property in the year 1996 and he also registered it on my name in the registrar office taking my signatures and thumb impresssion but after his retirement  he revocked my gifted property in the year 2009  without informing me in my absence is it possible please help me and  give me G.O number so that i can go through it please help me.

Learning

2 Replies

dawood ahmed (advocate)     18 December 2011

only executing and registration of the gift deed is not in all to conclude the gift. The main ingredients of gift i.e. the declaration followed by delivery and acceptance of the gifted propertry by the donee conclude the gift and there after it cant be revoked unilaterally by the donor. So chheck for these elements in your gift deed and if they are found alright, you need not worry, the revocation doesnt stand in the eye of law. 

S.Khan (Advocate)     19 December 2011

Once a gift deed is registered it can not be revoked by the donor except on the grounds of compulsion, fraud etc as defined in section 11 of the Contract act. The gredients of a valid gift are

declaration, posseession,acceptance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register