LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANKU (EXECUTIVE)     04 February 2017

Review Petition

Respected experts, My divorce was confirmed by the Hon High Court and dismissed the appeal filed by my wife. After the waiting period I remarried. Meanwhile my ex wife filed a Review Petition in High Court seeking reopening/ rehearing the order. The High Court almost admitted the Review for rehearing. My lawyer insisted that Review is not an Appeal and the case cannot be reheard. The High Court after that has given a date next month for personal appearance for amicable settlement. Now my question is what is amicable settlement in a Review Petition ? It should have whether the Review Petition is maintainable or not ? I am confused. What should be done? Kindly guide. Regards.

Learning

3 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     04 February 2017

You ex wife can do nothing. She will only talk about pernanent alimony nothing else.

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     04 February 2017

Where's the question of settlement in a Review Petitionsurprise?? Tell your advocate to take on the Bench and not yield an inch.

Which is this awesome High Court btw?

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     04 February 2017

Originally posted by : autohide4u
Judges order settlement because they don't want to read through long nonsesnse petitions not apply any mind. 

That's right, but to take the point further I would expect such a Judge to throw out a Review without thinking twice, not personal appearance to explore settlement!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register