LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

m.karthikeyan (student)     04 November 2019


what is the relevant section in CPC and CRPC. If I want to get back the documents that is marked for evidence.?

Should I return the document again to court if my purpose is solved and then again wait to get the document till the disposal of the case?

or else do I have to wait until limitation for appeal period gets expired?

kindly clarify.. Thanks in advance


 2 Replies

ADITYA DWIVEDI   04 November 2019

according to civil procedure code court never submit original documents. , court took only certified copy of documents. , if you submitted original. documents. , after giving application to court you can withdraw original by providing photo copy

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     04 November 2019

I don't know which CPC my learned friend is talking about. Production, impounding and return of documents is contained in Order 13 of the CPC. In Delhi High Court, you either file the original documents or make an application seeking exemption from filing original documents. If original documents are not filed with the plaint, you need to produce them at the time of recording of evidence for marking exhibits. Documents are returned interms of Order 13 Rule 9, Application whereof may be made to the Joint Registrar in terms of the Delhi High Court Rules. Other High Court Rules may vary in procedure but not in the essence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query