LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dilip   16 October 2022

Respondent does not came to court till four date

Hello My Brother Have Filed for Divorce last Year and Respondent First Not accepted and Returned Notice Summons, then again summon sent and accepted, Third She has not appeared court and Counselling stage done alone and after That Respondent Came with Her Lawyer and now The Case Stage is "Say to EXH. Written Statement" so I want to ask What does this Mean and What Next step I should Take? Please Help On this, Thank you.

Attached Case History Screenshot:



 5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 October 2022

The respondent continues to be absent or unrepresented, the Court can proceed ex-parte.

1 Like

Dilip   16 October 2022

She came on the Date Of 12/10/2022 with advocate But no written Reply Submitted by Her advocate in this case can Judge Provide Her Chance to submit Reply? as our advocate has submitted to Process Case ahead with No reply of Respondent even She and her advocate appear on the same date

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     16 October 2022

Pray to court to pass order ex parte

ankush tyagi   19 October 2022

Yes the judge will give her time to file a reply

Alpa Jogi (Advocate) (Lawyer / Advocate)     19 October 2022

You can ask your advocate to move an application to close the rights of the respondent for filling the written statement.


But, even if the court will close the rights, the court, at later point can reopen the rights on application by the respondents, by imposing appropriate costs.


So, let them file the reply, if they are now appearing on dates.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register