LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

9845860566   25 October 2018

Resignation not accepting and no appointment letter issued

Dear Sir, I am working in a Sugar Industry from 4 month's. I joined on May 2018 and resigned on October 2018. But my employer not accepting the resignation. I went to submit hard copy of resignation but they denied to take. Hence I have sent a resignation mail with scanned copy of signed resignation. Till now they are not responding. I already worked 10 days after resignation. Company not issued any Appointment letter and offer letter only joining formalities done and PF is crediting. My queries are as follows, 1) Is employer Sue me legally if I leave the job without acceptance of resignation. 2) Is employer can file a case of absconding. 3) If there is no appointment letter and terms and conditions for notice period then what will be the legal actions they can take. 4) If I leave the job, is the company can Sue me for damages. 5) Is there any legal problems will come. Please help in this regard. Thanking you

Learning

1 Replies

Sudheendra (Social worker )     26 October 2018

1) Is employer Sue me legally if I leave the job without acceptance of resignation.

I have sent a resignation mail with scanned copy of signed resignation.

Save this copy as if there is a need you will have to prove that you did what you should.

2) Is employer can file a case of absconding.

As you have already served your resignation, if you leave the employment after the date of resignation, employer will not be able file case of the grounds that you are absconding.

3) If there is no appointment letter and terms and conditions for notice period then what will be the legal actions they can take.

Then your employer cannot dictates employment terms to you.

4) If I leave the job, is the company can Sue me for damages.

No they cannot.

5) Is there any legal problems will come. 

Consult a local advocate who practices labour laws with your employment documents for clearer guidance.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register