LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A KUMAR (owner)     27 February 2022

Resignation mnc

I am working in MNC in Delhi-NCR, from the last 7 years, now I got better job, I resign from my post and  notice period is 60 days, but my supervisor told me that if I resign who will look after office work and I have to trained someone who can do my job work.

sir I just want to ask that after 60 days notice period can my company have any right to hold me.

My supervisor also threatened me of dire consequences if I left at this stage.

Sir, Please help me reply soon

thanks and regards  

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     27 February 2022

Dear Querist

You are free to move for another job subject to terms of your agreement such as notice period, service bond etc.

In case employer put some new condition totally unacceptable to you then you cannot be forced to be his employee against the law.

Regards
Mohit Chahal
Advocate
District & Sessions Court, Hisar
Phone No. 9968911099

https://mohitchahaladvocate.business.site

Palak batra   28 February 2022

Dear Querist,

A company can’t hold an employee and can’t force to complete the notice period or even more than the notice period. You can approach appropriate authority to challenge the decision. 

One can also issue a written notice to the management by communicating about further development and requesting your relieving letter. Even after that if the employer does not accept that premise you have a right to move any tribunal/labour court connected with your employment or by moving a writ under art 226 read with art 14.

Regards,

Palak

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register