Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit (Business Manager)     24 October 2014

Resign under probabtion

Dear Sir,

I had joined a company in july and i was on probation period(i.e. 6 months). i worked there for 3 months(22nd Oct;14) and  b’coz of unprofessional working culture I asked to resign from my position. My Reporting manager said CEO will confirm what to do when it came in knowledge of CEO he shouted at me badly and use abusive language and said he will not release until they don’t hire another candidate till 1-2 month. i feel mentally disturbed due to this kind of environment I don’t want to spent one day more there ? In Diwali vacation I handedover my laptop (which was issued to me) to admin dept without any receiving and back to home now don’t want to go back so I send a mail to Reporting manager and HR that I would not be able to continue my service and m resigning from my position and inform to them that I have handed over my laptop to Admin dept and dispatched their CUG mobile number by courier. I don’t want my salary. As per HR policy no notice period under probation. Its depends on candidate how much time he wants to serve. In my offer letter no T& C for probation period. I’m affarding that can company take any legal action against me? What can I do in this case? How can I defenses to myself?

Pls help?

Learning

8 Replies

NARENDER RAO BASAVARAJU (ADVOCATE)     24 October 2014

A DECISION OF JOINING OR LEAVING A  COMPANY SHOULD BE  ON COOL THOUGHT  BASIS AND NOT IN A HURRY. ANY HOW YOU HAVE TAKEN A DECISION TO LEAVE THE COMPANY BECAUSE OF THE ODD WORKING CONDITIONS AND BEHAVIOUR OF THE PERSONNEL OF THE COMPANY.

NOTHING TO WORRY- THERE ARE PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES FOR A  REAL TALENTED AND HARD WORKING PERSON.

IN YOUR CASE,ONLY THING IS, YOU HAVE HANDED  OVER THE LAPTOP BUT  YOU HAVE NOT COLLECTED THE RECEIPT. NOW YOU MAY DEMAND FOR THE SAME BY  SENDING A LETTER BY A REGD POST WITH AD. IN YOUR LETTER YOU MAY SAY THAT IF YOU DO NOT GET A REPLY FOR THE LETTER WITH IN A PERIOD OF  TWO WEEKS OR SO FROM THE COMPANY ,IT MAY BE TREATED THAT THE COMPANY RECEIVED THE LAPTOP AND NOT WILLING TO GIVE  A  RECEIPT.

IT IS BETTER ,SUCH LETTER MAY BE SENT THROUGH A  LAWYER WHICH WILL BE MORE PROFESSIONAL

ANY HOW DO NOT WORRY  BUT TAKE EVERY DECISION WITH COOL MIND

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2014

Since you have no receiving for handing over laptop they may take a criminal action for theft of laptop.

Ankit (Business Manager)     24 October 2014

Dear Sir,

I have send a mail to confirm the receipt of laptop. can i apply a application in consumer/labour court  to clarify that i have left  company and return its all assets. Now i will not liable if company raise any fake remarks at me?

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Resign-from-post-under-probation-period-111233.asp#.VEnWxWeO5G0

the matter does not fall in jurisdiction of consumer court.

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Quit-job-without-any-notice-period-during-probation-period--503626.asp

again repeated after being replied on three threads

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Quit-job-without-any-notice-period-in-probation-period-can-i-apply-an--503661.asp

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2014

You need worry so much about this atleast to this extent of repeating this query many times in this forum itself as well as in the experts column.  Please visit the other threads where you have posted the same query for more answers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register