LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saif   03 September 2020

RESERVATION ON PROPERTY

I have a property on which local authorities has put a reservation for market in 1996 but they have not yet acquired or approached us for compensation.
I am struck because I can't develop that property or use it for any other purpose.
what can I do in this scenario?

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 September 2020

First, file RTI Application and seek information as follows:

The subject on which information is sought:  Reservation of property in Survey No.....................at........................vide notification No.....dt...

Information solicited:

1. Please provide me each and every office note/memo appearing as a public record for further action taken after reserving the property till date.

Then equipped with that information, contact a local advocate and issue a notice demanding for immediate action and also compensation for unreasonable delay.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     03 September 2020

Please clarify whether the authorities informed you anything in writing duly signed by a competent authority 

or

The Authorities advertised in a widely circulated newspaper about the acquisition of vacant land for a specific purpose.

You may approach the authorities concerned in person or by way RTI as already suggested giving details. If you do not receive any reply or get a vague reply approach a competent court duly filing a Case against the authorities concerned through a reliable Lawyer in the area.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 September 2020

The concerned Town Planning Act itself would provide you the answer. You may contact a local lawyer.

Saif   06 September 2020

Thank you, everyone, for replying to my post.

From the information that I gathered, it's showing my RS no /plot no is showing as reserved for market purposes and its showing on the Zone map also.

we have given the local town planning authority the purchase notice to either purchase or remove the reservation within two years but they are telling they don't have the required funds to compensate us instead they are offering TDR for the same. we are waiting for the legal reply from their side

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register