LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhan Karthick   10 July 2024

Requesting mortage clarification

Dear Members,

My grandfather has pledged our land in 1980 for a sum of Rs.10,000. We couldn't find the documents related to loan as my grandfather deceased fifteen years ago. The information of pledging is available in EC of the property. My grandmother has stated that the loan has been repaid. I checked with the bank if I could details of the loan but they insisted they can't do anything without account number or loan account number. Is there any other way to find out the loan details or how to proceed with this ?


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 July 2024

You can use online tools: Utilize online tools like Bank Bazaar or Credit Mantri to check for loans and mortgages. 

Sudhan Karthick   10 July 2024

Sir, Can you please elaborate on this. My grandfather haven't updated his mobile number in bank and at that point there was no adhar.we don't have his bank account details too. Can you please clarify ? 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 July 2024

As you have loicated an entry in the EC, you may better find the document number as notified in the EC and obtain the certified copy of the said regiserted document.

You can get the desired details from the registered mortgage document after which you can decide further course of legal action

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register