LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subodh Ahire   18 July 2023

Reply to reat reply

I lodge case against builder for no-possession in 2020. In April 2021 MAHARERA ordered builder to refund whole investment with interest.
Then for next 3 years builder wasted in MA in RERA.
Now after 3 years builder filled appeal into REAT.
REAT asked reply from me. 
I informed REAT due to health reason I cannot come to court, Judge accept my reason and asked me to mail my reply.

Later sherister informed me that I need to forward hardcopy only. Once I mail hardcopy to court, sherister asking me he needs notarized copy for which I've to come to court or need to send my relative to court.

My question is:

• Is it mandatory to submit only hardcopy no Email in REAT as reply from party-in-person?
  • Is it mandatory reply has to be notarized and in 2 sets?

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 July 2023

You have been properly advised to follow the procedures maintained by the tribunal.

Why is that you want a confirmation about this in a forum like this, why don't you adhere by the instructions advised to you, do you find any problem?

Subodh Ahire   23 July 2023

Because I'm not sure whether it's mandatory to file reply by part in person with notary. When I asked to judge is it ok to reply on mail due to health reason, they said that's acceptable. Later someone called him tribunal and asked for hardcopy. That time they didn't mentioned they need reply on notarized paper with 2 sets. Once they received hardcopy i got another call from tribunal stating they need notarized reply.

i replied ok I'll mail another notarised reply then they said no they can't discard already received documents and I've to come in person to court or send someone on my behalf for notary.

Not sure whether this is procedure or just playing with me as I've not opted for lawyer yet.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register