LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prax . (xyz)     18 April 2020

Rental dispute during covid

I have a 1 bhk flat in Thane. A tenant had blocked it with deposit and advance in Feb but made the agreement for March 15 only. We waited till then. But even then they showed no signs of shifting. The broker told us they wanted to shift only in April. But immediately after the lockdown was announced, they used that as excuse and sent me a mail saying they could not shift because of lockdown so we had to adjust the rent. And start charging only when they move in. When I reminded that it was they who delayed, they started giving false excuses like the house needed more work to make it 'livable' etc and started demanding extra things to be added. I refused whatever they demanded after registration. Whatever was agreed before registration, I had fulfilled. Now what should I do? I would suffer a loss for several months now for no fault of mine. I'm even willing to exit the agreement seeing their nature, but I have spent on brokerage, registration etc. That's another loss. Unable to find a way out.

Learning

3 Replies

Parveen Bhatia   18 April 2020

sir may I know your complete name first . your case is belonging with eviction.

Prax . (xyz)     18 April 2020

Hi, I am a female, cannot reveal my full name in the public forum. I'm not sure if eviction is relevant here because they are not shifting here though they have blocked my flat since Feb

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 April 2020

What do you mean by "they have blocked ............ "? Is it that there is just an agrrement for rental arrangement or that that the rental arrangement has been finalised?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register