Rental Advance


I am leaving in Bangalore. I had rented an apartment 3 months back and unfortunately had got transferred to Chennai an have to move to Chennai.

I had given 1 month notice to my house owner and had paid rent and all other bills regularly and on time.

Now my house owner says he can repay my advance only when a new tenant occupies the house. But the problem is, the 4th floor I live has got 4 houses and except for my house no other house was occupied for past 2 years, they remain empty. Therefore the chance of occupying my house is very less and even if it happens I don't know how long I should wait. Secondly, since I move to chennai it would become difficult for me to follow-up on this.

So, kindly guide me on what steps I need to take to get my advance back when I vacate the house. Is there a way to solve this amicably. If not what step should I take to get the advance back.



practicing advocate

issue legal notice to the owner to repay the advanced paid rent, if he failed, then go for suit for recovery of money.

Total likes : 1 times


Thanks for the Advice. I will try pursuing your suggestion.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x