LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lokesh Loki   30 May 2020

rent amount.

i was unable to pay the full rent amount for a month. however, I have paid my security amount to the owner. I had to vaccant the flat as I'm not getting my salary from company. I vaccant the flat without informing my owner due to shortage of time. but i informed him after I take my luggage. what are the consequences of this. as my owner is threatening that he will file a complaint. it all happend in lockdown..

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 May 2020

This is not a litigation problem for the present.   Irrespective of the circumstances, vacating the property without payment of such rent may not appear proper legal conduct.  No one can decide a further course of action by the landlord.   If he is having might, he may use force also and if he is weak he may treat you like his son and pardon you for vacating the house without paying rent.  Blessings do count, do not try to encash a circumstance and be loyal and pay the rent as you may not know when you will meet and what such moral irregularity brings in to you tomorrow.  In certain cities, some make money out of this and charge 25% for recovery of 100%.

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 May 2020

Complaint - to whom? Non-payment of rent is a civil issue; it is not a penal offence.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 May 2020

No FIR shall be registered, as vacation of house under rent is not a crime.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register