LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil SHETTY   18 June 2024

rent agreement issue

our tenant as not paid rent for 4 months not picking my calls and closed the shop and also not maintaining my shop clean . we are from poor family we are much depended on the rent amount. still 6 six months left for the agreement lapse

Here my question can I lodge a police complaint to vacate the tenant after the rent agreement gets lapse still six months left ?


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 June 2024

The police has no role to play in the civil matter.

The default in rental payment is a good reason for termination of tenancy despite the fact that the agreement has not expired yet.

You may consult an advocate and proceed as suggested.

Nikhil SHETTY   18 June 2024

Thank you for the advice sir, can I apply notice to vacate the tenant still 6 months remaining rental agreement to get lapse

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 June 2024

The best suggestion to you is to resort to legal action as per provisions of law for default in rental payment.

You may contact a lawyer in the local and proceed as suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register