LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Chand Garg (nil)     19 September 2023

Remedy for state not honouring supreme court jugdment


  E.Mail : wishanti@hotmail.com,

         Date:  19.9.23


I have two plots of vacant Land in HARYANA.

Plot 1 was acquired by Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) in 2005. But acquisition was quashed Vide Order dated 13.1.15 of the Hon`ble Supreme Court. HUDA got the land Mutated in the name of Estate Officer HUDA Jagadhri on 24.7.14 without any information to me. I have not taken any compensation and the land is in my possession.

 I have been following up with HUDA since 14.6.19 ( when it came to my Notice) to restore my name in revenue records. They have replied vide letter dated 11.9.19 that they will file Review Petition in Hon`ble Supreme Court. Till date they have not filed any such petition but do not agree to restore my name in Records. Four of their review petitions filed in other cases have been dismissed by  Hon`ble Supreme Court.

PLOT 2 was acquired by HUDA but acquisition was quashed Vide Order dated 23.5.14 of the Hon`ble High Court of Punjab and Haryana. Jamabandi for this land has all along been in my name and was in my name in JAMABANDI for 2012-2013 and also in a copy of Jamanadi dated 19.11.18 .

However my name was replaced with the name of HARYANA VIKAS PRADHIKARAN in the Jamabandi for  2017- 2018 updated on 4.7.23 without any information to me. I have written to DC Yamunanagr to address the matter but I don’t expect any relief. I have not taken any compensation and the land is in my possession.

 I am 90 years old and want to settle the issues in shortest possible time. I request you to kindly consider and give your esteemed views on the following points:-

  1.  Officials of HUDA and Revenue officials responsible for JAMABANDI/MUTATAION are misusing their power by transferring properties without giving any intimation to owners.

 Can I file a case with the Anti-Corruption Bureau for Misuse/ Abuse of Power by the Officials responsible for such illegal transfer which is conducive to corruption?

  1.  If such action is not possible, can I file a case for Contempt of Court?  Case of PLOT 1 relates to Contempt of Hon`ble Supreme Court. Case of Plot 2 relates to contempt of the Hon`ble High Court of Punjab and Haryana.  Can both cases be filed in High Court or both case be file in Supreme Court. Or will have to be filed in respective courts? How much time it is likely to take to reach conclusion, what are chances of success, and what are the estimated costs involved?
  2. Can you suggest any other course of action which is swift and less expensive?


Yours Sincerely





 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 September 2023

you can file a writ petition in concern high court.A writ petition is a request to a higher court to issue an order or direction to a lower court or a government official12. A writ petition is usually filed when someone’s fundamental rights have been violated or they have been the victim of injustice3. A writ petition is a corrective measure provided by the constitution against the nation’s body responsible for maintaining law and order.

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     20 September 2023

Dear Querist

A legal notice through Advocate may be send to HSVP for necessary action.

You may also seek remedy by way of applying to concerned revenue authority through Advocate seeking correction of revenue record.

Feel free to contact for further clarifications.

Mohit Chahal
WhatsApp No. 9968911099



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register