Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Remarry after ex parte divorce

I got ex-parte order on 6th March and didn't received copy yet due to lockdown effect. And also NO response received from opponent for any appeal...Now how many days I have to wait for marry again. Is there will be any challenges do I need to face after marriage?


 11 Replies

Shashi Dhara   12 April 2020

Y so urgent to marry .

N. Sivaprakash, Chennai 984099 (Advocate)     12 April 2020

You have to wait till the time of Appeal gets over. The time to file Appeal runs from the date of receipt of the Copy of the Order from the Court.

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     12 April 2020

The time of appeal gets stared from the date of order.

Thnx & Regards


SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     12 April 2020

Dear querist,

You can remarry after expiration of appeal period. 



Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     12 April 2020

Time of appeal starts from date of order.
after appeal time is over you may remarry.

Shashi Dhara   12 April 2020

As it is exparte they may file petition for set aside and may be reopened ,if you are ready to face consequence then marry ,now the entire world is lockdowned after that any thing may be happening.

Vishnu P Sopanam   12 April 2020

please wait till expiry of appeal period.after that you can go ahead with the new marriage without any legal hassles


Thank you for your Valuble response. What is the Appeal period for ex-parte .. Is it 30 days/90 Days. Is there will be any challenges do I need to face after Appeal period?

Shashi Dhara   13 April 2020

For. High court 90days.appeal court 30 days

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 April 2020

1. Obtain certified copy of Orders and marry immediately.  Let the opposite party bang its head .... no result can come out, more so since opposite party did not contest /represent the Trial proceedings. Hence, in cases of ex-parte orders, the opposite party loses his right to Appeal.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Shashi Dhara   13 April 2020

She can file petition for maintenance you cannot escape from maintenance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register