LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tony   28 December 2021

Rejected job due to pending 498 a

I was selected in a nationalised bank. However i have a pendy case of 498 a which was mentioned in attestation form submitted during document verification. The bank has now rejected my candidature due to pendancy of this case. What to do now ...??? request expert advice....pls

Learning

7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 December 2021

Case under section 498A IPC do not constitute any adverse affect on the character of a candidate.

Discuss with appointing authorities.

Tony   29 December 2021

Sir, i had sent in writing to the authority but now they have send mail regarding cancellation of candidature...

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 December 2021

Contact High court Advocate immediately for filing writ against such cancellation, if only you have stated such facts in the application form submitted to the Bank, showing pendency of this case.

Tony   29 December 2021

Yes...i have stated the facts of pending gir in attestation form and through that only bank came to know about the pending cade

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 December 2021

Unless you are convicted, your status is only accused, and immediately contact an advocate for a remedy.  As you are not convicted and stated facts in the application, be confident that they have to consider your appointment.  Also please file RTI Application to SBI seeking information online.

Information solicited:

1. Please provide a copy of the laid down order/ notification / circular that states about disqualifying the successful candidate for an appointment as a regular employee.(When a candidate is only accused and not convicted/sentenced)

2. If there was such order, whether it has to be stated in the employment notification as a lot of preparation, coaching, etc are needed for getting qualified.

Tony   29 December 2021

Will do that sir..thank you sir

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2021

You prima-facie have no merit.

Mereby being accused is sufficient to deny the appointment. Even if you did not mention still police was bound to report such fact.

In case you wish to go to court then atleast use RTI to know the exact rule position

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register