Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhu (Accountant)     20 March 2012

Registration of property

Dear Sir,

I have a property to be inherited from my great grand mother, which she had written a will in my mother's name,Mother's elder sister's name.mother's younger sister's name. The problem is that my mother is no more, the other two are alive. But, the eldest does not want any stake in this property, because they are settled abroad. but they are not ready to give it in writing because they cannot do that as they have not disclosed this property there.(Singapore).So, they will face legal action or they will have to pay tax as per their law, thats what they are saying. Anyway they are not going to come here anymore thats sure. Kindly advice whether we can register the property equally among the other two sisters, and will i be able to sell it off.

Kindly advice.

M.Madhu.

Learning

2 Replies

Kris (Adv)     20 March 2012

Yes, ask ur aunt to execute a release / gift deed in ur favour through a SPA from foreign country.

Madhu (Accountant)     20 March 2012

Sir,

What if we divide equally among ourselves my aunt's share saying that shes is missing for last 14 years.

Anyway she is not willing to sign the SPA for execution of Gift deed as she has to pay huge tax there.

Advice.

Madhu.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register