LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaviyanathan.D.O (Attorney)     21 May 2010

Registration of Law Firm..

I have a law firm in chennai, I would like register the same as a firm but one of my partner is not an advocate and he too exists as a legal consultant in the firm.. we also have a current account in our firms name .. The doubts are:

Can i register a law firm in partnership nature? will it be possible?

If not possible means whats the solution?

I thought of going for sole prop. firm? but will there be any future course problems with respect to the account maintenance and IT issues?

Eagerly awaiting for some expert opinion.. Thanking you in anticipation..

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     22 May 2010

for registration purpose yes.

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     22 May 2010

but you have to register it as a law firm and consultancy or even if you register it as a law firm then make sure your partner does not seems to be advocate in any way from your registration.

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     01 November 2011

Dear All,

Incorporation of Law Firm is not much complicated.

You can either way. But the essential requirement for incorporation of  Law Firm is, all the partners must be Registered with State bar Council as  Practicing Advocate. Else you cannot name it LAWFIRM. Even Advocates Act  andd BCI has many restriction in this regards. Better way,  have one more Registered Advocate who will remain in your favor and can act as sleeping partner and go for Legally incroporation to avoind descilpinary Action by State bar Council.

You can avail many benefits of Legally incorporated Law Firm such as Legal Support of BCI and State Bar, Global Legal market, TAX benefits, protection from the existing Law Firms and so on...

We would like to Assists you to get incorporated your Law Firm.

Regards,

Atul Suryavanshi

IPR-Attorney

JC Law Firm

Mobile- 09923552956

Email: atul@justacausa.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register