Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NPR rao   07 July 2023

Registration of hindu marriage between same persons in two different states with two different dates

What are the complications and implication if the same Hindu marriage registered in two different dates with two different dates?

Learning

2 Replies

Niharika Lohan   08 July 2023

Hi, I’m Adv. Niharika and here is my take on your query.

It has not been made compulsory by many states. Last one to do so is U.P.

As per section 8(4) of HMA ,” the registration certificate shall be admissible as EVIDENCE of the statements therein contained.”

Do not worry, nothing will happen till both (husband and wife) love each other Or mother in law let them love.

Furthermore in contemporaneous era, a marriage can be proved by many ways like Photography, Videography, Wedding card dates etc.

But see the irony if you do not register your marriage then you will have to pay hefty fine of Rupees 25 IN CASE IT IS MADE COMPULSORY.

Further more as per Section 8(5) of HMA, if you made any omission(two time entry) then that will not affect the validity of Hindu marriage.

Additionally, I’m attaching the link to a relevant article for your convenient reeaidng. Kindly find it below.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/marriage-registration-in-india-12150.asp

I hope the above information helps. If you have any further query, you can contact me via email at niharikalohan@yahoo.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 July 2023

What are the facts? What is the context?

In the absence of material facts as well the context, the query is more of a riddle than a query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register