LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidhhi   31 January 2024

Registration of FIR against overseas based group of scammers!

I have defrauded of 3.5 lacs by a bunch of fraudsters claiming to be associated with MIGA- World Bank.

I have saved the WhatsApp chat from beginning but police is not ready to register FIR.

Proofs of bank transfers are also available besides the WhatsApp Chat.

Please guide. TIA


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 January 2024

This is a cyber crime. 

The complaint can be made before cyber crime police provided the fraudsters are Indians and are residing in India. 

Ramanathan G (Independent practice)     01 February 2024

where is the place of incidence. police station of that place only to be given complaint. normally, for like this crimes, they will neglect.
After that neglection, complaint before District Supdt of Police, who will direct DySP to investigate. if no FIR, to file private criminal complaint at Magistrate court of that place.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     01 February 2024

Submit your complaint before jurisdictional police station

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register