LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prashant donde   27 September 2023

Registration and ownership confusion

We have bought a mhada flat in vikroli in resale, and did stamp duty and registration in chembur sub registrar.. but in igr website in e search, we have found that only our name as seller with purchased property details... 

Is this okay or not.. ???? 

And what to do for transfer in mhada... if our name reflecting in igr, so is this mean that transfer in mhada is completed or not ....??

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 September 2023

You were shown as a seller but you were a buyer.  So make an application to the District Registrar through the Sub Registrar where the sale was executed for rectification of the details of the seller and buyer and any other information.

prashant donde   27 September 2023

Is this really a problem that our name is in seller instead buyer and seller name is not present.. only our name is present as seller... 

We bought that flat on 2004 and registration done on 2011... 

Is this process of correction , which you are saying is difficult or lengthy or not

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 September 2023

Apparently, the discrepency is with the entries made in the register, not with the registered deed and hence need not be of much consequence. Anyhow, you may bring the matters to the notice of the authorities concerned. Every public authority is under the strict obligation to correct their mistakes, esp. when such mistakes impose burdens and inconvenience upon the citizens.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     28 September 2023

Presumably it is (name of purchaser as seller) erronously recorded by MAHADA. 

It is better to consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

prashant donde   28 September 2023

Well there is small addition that in my index 2 page it is indicating that vilekhacha prakar(i.e.document type) is ghoshna patra.... 

Can u tell me what is it...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register