LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditya   26 August 2020

Registered school society using money for personal

There is a registered society under which two schools operates. Among the 7 society members are relatives only two of their family friends. The school management is also the same as of society. The manager of the society is the manager of the school who is taking a personal loan from school for his self and his family members regularly.


This same manager sister land is the near school for which this society gave loan above the tune of 50 lac to build a building and after that, the manager sister is taking rent from school and paying only 10 percent to the school for that loan.


My Question


1. Can society members from one family legal.

2. Can society members be the same in the school management

3. Can society gave a loan to the society members, if yes then any interest calculated

4. Can someone take a loan on empty land from society make building from that loan and after take rent from that society school?





 8 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     26 August 2020

Obtain copies of filing annual returns and minutes of the meeting of the society through RTI from the Registrar of Societies of your District.  If society is failed to file those, then complain to the Registrar of Societies of your District.  If you find any illegal, consult a local lawyer and file a case against the society in the District Court concerned.

1 Like

Aditya   26 August 2020

society has not updated anything in the registrar office from 2015-16, already seen all copies in the registrar office.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 August 2020

The society is a commercial entity hence it should seek professional service, which can afford to engage a lawyer for all legal issues.

Aditya   27 August 2020

i don't understand your reply, sir, my simple question are can a society use its school money for there personal use or mo

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 August 2020

Make a written complaint to Registrar of societies, DIstrict Collector and also to DEO and pray for inquiry in the irregularities of society.   

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 August 2020

Yes, you may bring matters to the notice of the authorities. No direct action is possible unless you are a member of the Society.

Aditya   29 August 2020

it means society can do whatever they want, they have privilege to misuse money of public

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 August 2020

No. If you find any such irregularity, complain as narrated by above experts.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register