LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishan Singh   17 November 2020

REGARDING TRANSFER OF PROPERTY

My maternal uncle has been allotted property in Delhi based on conveyance deed. since the last 20 years, I have been residing in the said property as he has given the tome but no legal document has been made in my favour. Unfortunately, my maternal uncle has expired and his wife has also expired. Now he has two children who also wish to give said property to me and they have no objection in this regard. Now my question is how to transfer the said property in my name, what document should I made when the allottee and his wife both are not alive.

Learning

3 Replies

manu seth (N/A)     17 November 2020

Firstly, your uncle still holds the title of the property you are in possession of. Had he been alive, he could have claimed his property asking you to vacate the premises.

Secondly, since he is no more the property shall vest in his children's name by way of succession. Ask them to approach the SDM office in the vicinity of such property and seek legal heirs certificate. Only on that basis he can transfer such property in your name either by way of sale or gift deed.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     17 November 2020

Hello,

You have to get a legal heirship certificate of your uncle and aunty from the court for your cousins. Thereafter your cousins shall transfer the property in your name by executing a gift deed.

Manali Bhalerao (Practicing Advocate)     18 November 2020

Dear Client, Firstly their children has to apply for the Legal Heir ship Certificate from the Court then they can transferred it to your name either by way of Reg. Sale Deed or Gift Deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register