LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamal   12 July 2020

Regarding to update society mutations

We(me and my wife), have purchased resale flat in cooperative service society at ahmedabad from one owner in october-2019 by registered sale deed. She has handed over me all the documents including society share certificate. But the share certificate was issued by society to her in join name with her husband because the flat was purchased by join name by them from builder. So initially they have registered in society in joint name and holding 5 share in join name. After 1.5 years husband have given his part in flat in favour of his wife by executing registerd gift deed by paying liable stamp fees. There after his wife had been a only owner, but she had not applied for removal of her husband's name from membership record and share certificate. So currently in society membership entry and share certificate two names are there both husband and wife of last owner. Now we have applied to update the mutations in favour of us, but society administration told us that this can not be possible because previous mutations have two names and actually it was one owner at the sale time. And further more last owners are shifted to USA. What to do, please suggest appropriate solution to do mutations up-to-date in favour of us. Help us

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 July 2020

The facts, as posted, lacks clarity. Make the posting either in first person or third person. Any how, the name in the Society's certificate is of no consequence, it does not amount to a revenue or municipal record.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2020

You can approach Registrar of cooperative societies in your state. The Registrar can be compared to the ‘friendly neighbourhood Spiderman’ that helps society and committee members when they are stuck in an imbroglio, prevents any wrongdoing by greedy middlemen, intervenes when the society is slacking in its duties and without the mask or the costume acts as the legally appointed supervisor who can be counted on for resolutions and redressals

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register