LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sapna goutam   20 July 2021

regarding sc caste certificate

I belong to sc category( Ahirwar/chamar) caste. in my all documents my father's name is written as kishan lal Goutam, here Goutam is the surname.and in my father's documents it is mentioned as kishan lal Ahirwar,
so in my caste certificate also indicated kishan lal Ahirwar, but in my all school and college certificate it is mentioned kishan lal Goutam. now it is creating a huge problem for me to get document verification for central govt job. they are not considering this caste certificate as mine bcz my father's surname is mentioned different in my caste certificate and other documents. they are asking for an affidavit from first class majistrate asking clarification regarding the same.

Learning

3 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   20 July 2021

The situation you're currently facing is actually a very common issue numerous people face here in India, as they have typographical errors in their Government Documents (Aadhar Card; Pan Card; Passport; Voter ID etc) or in their school/college marksheet's.

However, what you can do in this situation is simply log on to the board website through which you completed your high school, on this website there must be an application form with a purpose to make necessary changes (i.e. changes in name/DOB/guardians name etc). Once you get the form, fill it up and gather all requisite documents that it desires.

For instance, CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) allows students to download the form through their official website, which can be filled and submitted by the students along with a minimal fee (Rs. 1000/- for name errors) after which the board inspects the documents and make the necessary changes.

So as a matter of fact, the error can be resolved but it takes effort. Since, you're looking for jobs it's obvious that these documents would be required for inspection by every recruiter, therefore, either get the form from the official website of your board or take an appointment and visit the office physically.

I'm leaving a link down below for your reference, such that in case you've completed your schooling from CBSE itself you can visit the link in order to gather step by step procedural information regarding your concerned matter -
https://www.shiksha.com/boards/articles/cbse-results-2020-how-to-correct-name-in-cbse-10th-12th-marksheet-blogId-43301

https://biharcarrierportal.in/cbse-board-10th-12th-marksheet-certificate-correction-online/

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 July 2021

The facts posted are unconvincing.  Name or surname is not a deciding factor as to a person's caste.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 July 2021

The certificate issued by a Tehsildar is ultimate and final, there are no such assumptions depending on the name of the father.  The certificate can only be challenged in a court of law and can only be canceled by the court alone after investigation report by the collector.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register