LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhangshu Sekhar Biswas   01 November 2020

Regarding parking in my area

My local area committee is charging parking fee of Rs 500.00 for parking my four wh for eelar vehicle on municipal road without intimate our municipality. Can they charge it?

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2020

File RTI Application to Municipality and seek such information as follows:

Information solicited:

1.Please provide me the laid-down norm/order/circular that permits the Local Area committee to impose parking charges and collect it on monthly basis from four wheeler owners who use Municipal Road as parking.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 November 2020

What is local area committee? Are they giving receipts for the alleged fee collected?

Sudhangshu Sekhar Biswas   02 November 2020

Yes Sir, it is a local community committee (not municipal body), they are giving receipt every month. One thing Sir I want to know, is there any permission required to charge parking fee in municipal road? Please answer me Sir.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2020

Who can clarify your doubt?

Only Municipality.

In some states, the parking areas are auctioned for a specific amount per annum, and they also prescribe fees to be charged.

If it is authorized, you will get confirmation from such Municipality.   If it is unauthorized, they have to leap into action and curb the menace.

Even in suburb Railway stations, some unsocial elements occupied Railway places, and openly collecting such amount  There was a hue and cry and several complaints.  I am not aware as to what happened, after such confirmation from Railways that it is unauthorized, and after booking such complaint to Railway authorities.  Because MAFIA is involved, no one dared to make a complaint initially.  It is a good samaritan and senior citizen from PUNE who has taken the issue and brought a logical end that such collection is illegal.  Unfortunately, he has expired after making a risky fight on a public issue.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 November 2020

Did you raise any objection to such charges ? Ask the committee regrading authorisation for such charges.

It would be better to contact and consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Sudhangshu Sekhar Biswas   03 November 2020

Thank you Sir, for your valuable suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register