LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     05 December 2020

regarding lost cheque book

sir, I lost 2 complete cheque books of mine. I gave a letter in bank to block them. they did it.

bank manager suggested me to give complaint/ intimation in police station too. I paid challan in meeseva for that. police department people replied in writing

"Sir/Madam, your petition has been rejected due to not issued NTC for cheques."

could you please guide what should be done. the above will come under my intimation. is it sufficient. or anything I have to do ?

Learning

12 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     05 December 2020

Just report to the respective bank with numbur if you have.

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     05 December 2020

@isaac Gabriel I didn't understand anything. kindly help me elaborately.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     05 December 2020

You had to intimate the police in regard to lost of cheque books and you intimated the police .It is sufficient. What action or step police takes ,you need not to worry about that.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     05 December 2020

If you inform the bank about the. Loss of.the cheque book/,leaves, they will take prevaution not t honour it if presented mischievously for withdrawal of amount.

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     06 December 2020

@isaac Gabriel sir please read my query sir. then only you will understand my issue.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 December 2020

You will have to be specific with number of cheques lost and report the same to local police for registration of a non-cognizable report (NCR).

Whenever, any one comes with any leaf of lost cheque lodege cognizable report to police, file a suit for declaration and a criminal complaint before area Magistrate.

Seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer.for analyses of facts/ documents, proper guidance and necessary proceeding.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 December 2020

First stop worrying.  Report to the Bank and inform your efforts with such documents.  It is absolutely impossible to encash.  Certain borrowers are issuing cheques in large number to private finance companies for availing various loans and without paying EMI, they are giving stop payment directions stating that cheques were stolen.   In view of this, prudent managers may insist on this as a precaution and providing FIR copy is not mandatory.  

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     09 December 2020

@GLN Prasad, sir it seems you did not go through my query completely... Please kindly read it again. Kindly suggest me. 

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     09 December 2020

Contact the bank Manager who will do the needful to protect your money.

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     10 December 2020

@Isaac Gabriel, Sir you have not read my query at all :-)

I am asking how to protect myself from any future complications if any ....bank manager already done his part. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 December 2020

MR.  Ram prasad,

The moment your stop payment is acknowledged, you have absolved all of the responsibility and your money is safe.  If the banker acts he is liable for criminal negligence.  The system is smarter and never allows such debit as cheque numbers are deleted from the system itself.   If you still doubt, close that account, and open new account with new number.  This is fundamental and those who replied can understand the query better.

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     10 December 2020

@GLN prasad sir, one of my colleague faced a peculiar issue. some of his relative has forged his sigature and presented a cheque. my colleague is fighting that case. thats why i would like to know from experts incase if some one looses cheque what they should be doing  ( in addition to appraching bank staff regarding loss of cheque)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More