IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sinjinii Chatterjee   22 December 2021

Regarding local address proof in filing contested divorce

I want to file a divorce petition in my work place. I have employee id card, gas connection and notarized rental agreement, are they sufficient to file a divorce petition?

Need suggestions.


 4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 December 2021

Please entrust the case to a competent local advocate and trust his services.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 December 2021

You can file the petition where you are currently residing.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 December 2021

The simple way to get such proof is by opening an account with a local bank or getting a certificate from the post office after paying prescribed fees to the post office.  The post office has got such facility and provide residence proof with a nominal fee.

Archana Pandey   18 January 2022

Rental agreement serves as a proof of residence, especially when you have to apply for local services such as for getting an internet connection, getting gas connection, applying for driving licence, creating bank account, buying a new sim card, etc. Also, if you do not have any permanent address proof documents like Aadhaar card or ration card, you will need a rent agreement document which helps to create.

You can also go for Address proof affidavit. The document has to be drafted on a stamp paper of minimum value and notarised.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course law

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query