Upgrad LLM

regarding house owner behavior

Hi All,

My name is Kiran J Motagi.

I am staying in Rented House with my family(Me, My wife & my daughter) in Basaveshwar Nagar. it's a 2 BHK flat. I am paying 8000 as a rent & 400 for water. I just completed 4 months in this house. In agreement he has mentioned as perhead he is charging 200 for water so we are paying 400 my daughter is just 10 months old so he has not included. Recently my mother in law & her sister came to our home just for 4 days they came to Bangalore to consult doctor they where taking treatment from the doctor. Every 3 months once they will be coming to Bangalore for taking treatment. After shifting the house when they came I found that water was not coming from the tap so I just gone & informed to owner then he asked me why your relatives came to house. Then this time when they came he is not ready to pump the water after asking he has started telling me we have already pumped. when ever we asked him he pumped only for 10 mins & later he started telling me we have already pumped. Both husband & wife started shouting on us. we felt very bad when I told them within one month we will leave the house he told me to leave after 3 months. Now what I have to do. To whom I have to approach to resolve this issue.

Kiran J Motagi

Dear querist,


Serve legal notice to your landlord mentioned the entire problem your facing related to water supply and rude, indecent behavior of your landlord.


Wait for one month time to evacuate his flat and then sift to other place.



Deepak Joshi & Associates


Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Total likes : 2 times


Mr. Kiran J Motagi,

It is better to vacate that house for your better of the future. It's seem that the landlord is trying to harass to in all other terms. If you need any legal assistance you can contact me to this number 9980635871.

I am located in Bangalore. 

Total likes : 1 times


If water usuage is metered then let landlord charge by meter or as per agreed T&C.

Or agree to pay by T&C e.g; 200/30*no. of days of stay of guests..

Or change the rented house..

Record all such instances ( audio/visual/witnessed/minuted).


If you are unable to resolve by your own skills then; You may take help for any matter from, elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders, help groups for spouses (Husband/wife)  etc and  find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Rent/Civil  matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs,  evidences on record.

Obtain proper legal opinion in writing!

Avoid acting on your own on hearsay.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL; Rent Tribunal/Civil Courts, HC, SC,..

You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Rent/Civil  matters.

Your counsels  may opine that you can appear on 1st date, and obtain copies of petition etc to reply later ….and inform the court that you shall be engaging a counsel and appear thru your counsel….Or your counsel can appear and obtain copies of petition etc and reply later or your new counsel can appear for you.

Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.


The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many.

Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns  do not demand unreasonable high FEE.

IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent.

In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS.

You can go thru/search the cases contested by any Lawyer at court website.

Your counsel can also update you on how the leave such landlord by creating favorable record.



According to me u can't do anything until u have some type of documentary or digital proof of the harassment. Moreover he is the owner of the house. It's better to shift somewhere else.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x