LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     06 February 2023

Regarding forgery cases

Sir, if some one has forged signature of ours on blank cheque of ours and tried to present in bank with malicious intent of cornering us, what should we do ? could you pls tell how to approach this scenario ? pls tell complete procedure


 Can we approach police station ? if so wats the procedure ( because bank people may not be giving that cheque copy to us)



 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 February 2023

How did you come to know that your cheque has been forged by a third party?

Did you get any legal notice for cheque bounce?

Where did you keep your cheque that has been forged?

Did you inform your banker to stop payment by mentioning this cheque number?

If it is already converted into a cheque bounce case then you can chellenge the forged signature apart from other aspects while defending your case

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     06 February 2023

T.kalaiselvan Sir, 


I got message from banker that my cheque is rejected... But I never issued cheque to any one. I did not sign on cheque. 

I dont know somehow those cheques got misplaced. but I am 100% sure that I did not sign on the cheques. 


can I now approach police station saying that someone stolen my cheque and forged my signature ? why I am asking about this is, I doubt if banks will give copy of the cheque to me to show it to police people. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 February 2023

have you approched he bank for cheque copy.


In case police compliant is filed then the bank will p[rovide them original as well as CCTV footage showing the person who came to bank to deposit cheque.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query