IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANAND   19 October 2018

refund of my fund transfer

dear expert, I have given 1.5 lacks to my brother in law in June 2016, through on line transfer, after almost two years I have made a soft reminder to return my money but he is not returning it back, can I file legal suit to refund my money with 18% monthly compounding interest...


 3 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     19 October 2018

What was the agreement with your Brother in law. Is there any document?

You can file a case based onthe aboe transfer, claiming that it was a hand load given to him to be repaid on demand. Now, issue a registered notice giving time of atleast two weeks. Immediately after the said two weeks file a case for recovery of the amount alongwith bank confirmation that you paid the amount to your brother in law. Ensure that all the records of your Pass Sheet, beneficiary details in your internet banking ,confirmation received from bank the amount is credited to beneficiary account are all attested by Bank Officials.


You may engage a good Lawyer in your area. Limitation as per details given in your query is 31st May 2019. So hurry up the issue.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 October 2018

For a final time, before issuing the notice, either record the conversation with him or send e mail to have proper evidence and for extending the limitation period with acknowledgment of debt and also to retain healthy relationship with brother in law.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     21 October 2018

send him a legal notice giving some time and then file suit for recovery of funds .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query