LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajib Choudhury   07 June 2022

Refund not received for advance payment done for land purchase

PLS NOTE I HAD PAID RS 2 LAC AS ADVANCE TO VENDOR OR AUTHORISED SELLING AGENT FOR PURCHASE OF LAND IN JAN 2018 BUT THE FINAL COMPLETION OF PURCHASE DID NOT HAPPEN DUE TO LEGAL DISPUTE IN LAND AND AFTER THAT IT MORE THAN 4 YEARS ,THE VENDOR IS YET TO RETURN THE MONEY. I HAVE SALE AGREEMENT BUT IT IS NOT A REGISTERED ONE .IT IS IN STAMP PAPER DULY SIGNED BY ME,VENDOR AND WITNESS ONLY . \nI HAVE WHATSAPP COMMUNICATION OF VENDOR WHEREBY HE HAD AGREED TO RETURN THE MONEY WIT INTEREST ,BUT VERY TIME HE GIVES A DATE ,HE FAILS TO APPEAR IN PERSON OR AVOIDS TO RECEIVE PHONE CALL .I AM UNABLE TO GET A POST DATED CHEQUE FROM HIM AS HE SAID HE WILL RETURN THE MONEY IN CASH ONLY ,WHICH HE HAS FAILED TO DO SO FAR .PLS ADVICE WHAT CAN BE DONE

Learning

1 Replies

Mahi Manchanda   25 June 2022

Hi,

An 'agent' is a person employed to do any act for another, or to represent another in dealings with third person. The Indian Contract Act has provisions that deal with the relationships between the agent and the principal.

Under section 211 of the Indian Contract Act, it is mentioned that it is the duty of the agent to maintain the principal’s accounts. He is liable in case of any misappropriation or loss due to acting contrary to directions. You can file a case in the civil court of appropriate jurisdiction and plead your case. 

I hope this answers your question. 

Have a good day!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register