Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bomneedhelp77 (owner)     24 June 2022

Redevelopment agreement on property under dispute

We are tenants in a building going in for redevelopment in mumbai. There is an amalgamation with another building to jointly redevelop both plots . (We are not a registered housing society)

Majority of the tenants have given consent. However we have not. We have realized that there is a existing lease on the other building and the lessee has filed a case against the builder. The builder is pressing us to accept terms of redevelopment (inspite of the dispute in the other building) . He is threatening to demolish with BMC help. What can we do ? We are not sure that we will get new flats if the dispute with the other party persists. Shall we complain to BMC ? File a case in High Court  ? Case of fraud ?


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     24 June 2022


You can approach the court against the builder and owner of the plot. 

Sidhhi   24 June 2022

Don't waste precious time as you are tenants. File a petition in High Court jointly/severely. It would be ideal if you form an association of tenants duly registered with Charity Commissioner of your state. You should have mentioned your city & state.

Saquib Siddiqui   25 June 2022

Specific terms of the redevelpoment needs to scrutinised to ascertain if the terms will have any consequence to the redevelopement of your building.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query