New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atharv Pathak   23 April 2021

Rectification in marksheet

My fathers name is spelled as "AvinashRao" in my 10th n 12th marksheet, but it's spelled as "Avinash" in all other documents (University,pan card,adhar). And I'm preparing for govt exams which requires document verification.. will it create any problem in dv? What can I do to change it? If I get gazette and affidavit will I have to change name in marksheets or having affidavit, gazette is sufficient for document verification for govt jobs?


 5 Replies

Ankur Mishra   23 April 2021

Mr.pathak you have to approach high court and get a permission/direction for the authority to correct the spelling..plzz d'nt worry

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     23 April 2021

 I don't think it is a major issue   

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     23 April 2021

Gazette notification is sufficient. Aside the Aadhar is identity proof based upon biometric data. If you both have aadhar I don't think there will be any problem.

sneha jaiswal   24 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

Gazette notice is adequate. Aside the Aadhar is character confirmation dependent on biometric information. On the off chance that you both have aadhar I don't think there will be any issue. 


Hope it helps


Sneha Jaiswal

Atharv Pathak   25 April 2021

I'm thinking about changing name in adhar and pan even if it's wrong spelling, If my all documents have same spelling it won't be  problem right? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register