LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

wahengbamniranjitsingh (lawyer)     23 September 2022

Recruitment

Can interview marks be given highest to lowest written mark scorer jumping 2 candidates up out of 3 and getting selection in recruitment 

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 September 2022

Your query is not clear.  If the lowest scorer got selected, he may be selected under the reserved/other merits (sports, etc.) category.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 September 2022

I agree with the opinion and advise of expert Mr. Kavksatyanarayana ji.

Facts posted are vague and not clear.

What is your problem and locus standi ?

wahengbamniranjitsingh (lawyer)     24 September 2022

My query is that 3 candidates were selected for interview against the unreserved category for 1 post. In that interview, marks were given highest to the candidate securing the lowest mark in the written test and got selected.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 September 2022

Both the tests i.e., written and interview are different and independent despite the fact these test make and break prospect of the candidate, which you will also appreciate.

I think minimum marks required for next test are already prescribed in the roll number of the concerned candidate.

I have already lost a writ petition in limni for similar facts, filed on behalf of a Bank PO candidate before  Himachal Pardesh High Court, Shimla.

Please recheck facts / documents in your case before taking any decision to move ahead. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register