LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nisha   23 October 2021

Recovery of Repairs from members of unregistered building.

The building has been declared as C1 category building as it is in dilapidated condition. The members have decided to repair the building. There are 30 members of the said building, however only 5 are ready to pay the amount right away while others are not paying any heed towards it. Assuming those 5 members willingly paid for entire amount of repairs then in such case, how can they recover money from rest of the members ?

 5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     24 October 2021

Is there any registered residents welfare association / managing committee functioning for and on behalf of 30 members / occupants ?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     24 October 2021

Since the society is unregistered, nobody can be legally forced to contribute and no amount can be legally recovered from them. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 October 2021

What is the nature of repairs proposed? Is such repairs possible without the willing consent of the "other" members?

1 Like

Nisha   25 October 2021

To begin with, I really appreciate your time and query raise by you all. 

I hereby reply to your queries as follows : 

Dr J C Vashista :  No sir, there is no registered residents welfare associations  and as it is unregistered building, it does not have managing committee yet.


Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     26 October 2021

In this case there is no association / MC to ask for any money, any demand raised is illegal. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query