LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand das (service)     20 March 2012

Recovery of money in a contract

In a contract for supply of steel, excess amount has been paid to the supplier. He is not accepting the same. 

What is legal way to recover the money?

pls guide


 3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     20 March 2012

Dear Querist,

When any amount is paid by way of mistake the same is recoverable under section 72 of the Indian Contract Act, 1872. He would deny it, but you can always recover it, the law does not allow one person to enrich himself unjustly at the cost of another. 

1 Like

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     22 March 2012

 A suit to recover the amount paid through  mistake   can be filed 

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     22 March 2012

Issue notice to supplier and if supplier donot comply with the notice then file recovery suit against supplier.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register