Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nithya (Officer)     19 March 2017

Recovery of money

Posting on behalf of my friend:

She is a divorcee, met someone in a matrimonial site and started talking to him. He is a doctor by profession, and he has told her that he is in the process of becoming a director of a hospital for which he has to give his share as deposit or something like that. For that he has requested her to help him with 8 Lakhs. He had told her that his property loan process is in the way, and he will return it with 15 days. (Email statement shows that he is persuading her to pledge her gold and give him 8L, it also states that he will return within 15days with interest).

She pledged her gold and transfered the money through bank transfer to him. After a month or so, she was in need of some urgent money, and has asked him. But he keeps giving excuses, each time a new excuse stating he is having problems etc.

We suspect he is not genuine, since it is already 90 days now, we would like to file a criminal case on cheating.

We would like to know how it proceeds, and how long will it take to recover the money back. 

She has even asked him to give post-dated cheques, but he refused to give citing IT scrutiny of his bank accounts!!!

Learning

11 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Nithya
Posting on behalf of my friend:

She is a divorcee, met someone in a matrimonial site and started talking to him. He is a doctor by profession, and he has told her that he is in the process of becoming a director of a hospital for which he has to give his share as deposit or something like that. For that he has requested her to help him with 8 Lakhs. He had told her that his property loan process is in the way, and he will return it with 15 days. (Email statement shows that he is persuading her to pledge her gold and give him 8L, it also states that he will return within 15days with interest).

She pledged her gold and transfered the money through bank transfer to him. After a month or so, she was in need of some urgent money, and has asked him. But he keeps giving excuses, each time a new excuse stating he is having problems etc.

We suspect he is not genuine, since it is already 90 days now, we would like to file a criminal case on cheating.

We would like to know how it proceeds, and how long will it take to recover the money back. 

She has even asked him to give post-dated cheques, but he refused to give citing IT scrutiny of his bank accounts!!!

You should be happy that you made someone happy atleast by way of helping.  There is no mention of any legal paper such as agreement etc or you belonging to any finance group which lent money.  In such case, if he gives back the money to you, you should thank 2 things, one him and another your stars.  If he doesnt you can apply tirupati timappa panganama on forehead III laugh  where he might as well agree to pay 100 rupees per month and to get that you spend 300 rupees on auto or cab.  Somehow the case looks familiar to me.  With what in head did you "help"???  Can you explain????

Your query has been discussed in length here..

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Live-in-disaster-143844.asp

अगर आपको मेरा सुझाव अच्छा लगा तोह निच्चे लिखे बटन पे क्लिक करके अपना धन्यवाद प्रकट करे या फिर मेरा प्रोफाइल पेज पैर भी आप लिखे बटन क्लिक करके अपना धन्यवाद प्रकट करसकते हैं.

जिसका लिंक निच्चे दी गई हे.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

Nithya (Officer)     19 March 2017

Thankyou for your sarcastic comments. But i would like to know how we can proceed legally. If legally its not possible, we can try out other ways., like visiting his hospital and giving a complaint to the hospital administration, or meeting his parents and explaining things etc.

If advocates can help us, we dont want to do such things.Thanks in advance.

(Guest)
Thankyou for your sarcastic comments. But i would like to know how we can proceed legally. If legally its not possible, we can try out other ways., like visiting his hospital and giving a complaint to the hospital administration, or meeting his parents and explaining things etc.

If advocates can help us, we dont want to do such things.Thanks in advance.

Madam,

You did not explain why you helped this person. When I looked back into your posts, I found that you have been cheated in a relationship. You cant expect loyalty by throwing money. Money can buy you anything but loyalty. Loyalty can be gotten by giving love and affection to the right person, not to someone like this. You should also understand meaning of help here. Help is something which you do where you dont expect the person to return the favor. In absense of any legal document of lending money, your money cant be gotten back. You may wait for any other advocate to reply to your query or call 080 2294 3225, today Vanita Sahayavani is closed. call trmw.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 March 2017

Since the money had been transferred electronically you can produce those proofs and also recordings if any where he aggrees to taking money from you and refusing to return it you can file a cheating case on him

(Guest)
Originally posted by : saravanan s
Since the money had been transferred electronically you can produce those proofs and also recordings if any where he aggrees to taking money from you and refusing to return it you can file a cheating case on him

Mr Saravanan

Can you also explain to the lady, what would be the possible outcome of the cheating case?

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     20 March 2017

Seems like you have become a victim of social engineering. And you still "suspect" the person is not genuine! Try your city cyber crime cell but keep your fingers crossed. What makes you think he gave you true and correct credentials for you to coerce him otherwise?

The only thing I can think of is some kind of a diabolical entrapment as fraudsters having tasted blood once might be baited into a trap ... risky bet though ... your call.

Nithya (Officer)     20 March 2017

Dear Helping Hand, please do not mix up cases.  Live-in-disaster story was mine.  And i did recover my money from that person. Luckily without the help of any advocate :) :) 

This case is different.

The money was transfered through bank transfer., not through cash.

My friend had enquired an advocate, who has told her that email, sms and whatsapp conversations also are source of proof now-a-days. If that's true, we have enough proof on sms/mail conversations, where he gives lame excuses. And keeps giving new dates for the return of the money.

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Originally posted by : saravanan s

Mr Saravanan

Can you also explain to the lady, what would be the possible outcome of the cheating case?

What is the possible outcome of the cheating case??

Originally posted by : Atul (public ID)
Seems like you have become a victim of social engineering. And you still "suspect" the person is not genuine! Try your city cyber crime cell but keep your fingers crossed. What makes you think he gave you true and correct credentials for you to coerce him otherwise?

The only thing I can think of is some kind of a diabolical entrapment as fraudsters having tasted blood once might be baited into a trap ... risky bet though ... your call.

We have done some background verification.  His address details and work details are genuine. Incidentally, we came to know he has a reputed status in his town.

(Guest)
Dear Helping Hand, please do not mix up cases.  Live-in-disaster story was mine.  And i did recover my money from that person. Luckily without the help of any advocate :) :) 

This case is different.

My friend had enquired an advocate, who has told her that email, sms and whatsapp conversations also are source of proof now-a-days. If that's true, we have enough proof on sms/mail conversations, where he gives lame excuses. And keeps giving new dates for the return of the money.

Dear Nithya,

Thats good, when you can do vasooli of lakhs of rupees so easily, why not teach the same technique to your "FRIEND" who is also in similar trouble?  I advise you to advice your so called friend to also follow same pattern of vasooli program from the alleged cheater laugh so that she also may not require youto do rounds internationally on online forums or seek Help from Advocates!!

If you appreciate my reply kindly click on the like button here or on my profile page by visiting it, whose link is given below amd convey Thanks !

Nithya (Officer)     26 March 2017

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

This case is different.

Dear Nithya,

Thats good, when you can do vasooli of lakhs of rupees so easily, why not teach the same technique to your "FRIEND" who is also in similar trouble?  I advise you to advice your so called friend to also follow same pattern of vasooli program from the alleged cheater  so that she also may not require youto do rounds internationally on online forums or seek Help from Advocates!!

If you appreciate my reply kindly click on the like button here or on my profile page by visiting it, whose link is given below amd convey Thanks !

It would be helpful for me if i can get the procedures to proceed for filing the case .... Email statments and SMS conversations are the records.

Money was transfered through NEFT from her bank account to his bank accounts. (It was split and transfered to his 4 bank accounts).

................................................ Now my questions are...

1. Should the FIR be filed in his local juridiction police station? Or her juridiction?

2. As you had mocked Mr. Saravanan for his answer, i would like to know from you "what is the possible outcome of the cheating case?"

Latest Update:

The doctor has transfered 25k for my friend's account and conversed through sms that he will return the whole amount with 2 months.  But he is not willing to give post-dated cheques.  He says he will transfer the amount. 

3. Should we wait for two months and see, and then file the FIR and case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register