Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jaig   31 May 2016

Recommend books and stud on 498a, other c.r.p.c.s

Respected lawyers and law academicians.

Please suggest some good law text books and chpters to gain practical knowldge on 498A and all related CRPCs and process in general.

I want to start studying some law, I know it sounds ridiculous to start from ABCD, but there are many living examples who do study law and fight off their cases easily. (E.g. this. guy whom I knew in college). I might not do it myself without a lawyer but I do want to independently study it.

I think some guidance can help me to go though the basics quickly and get hold on the core areas which cover 498A, 406 sections etc, and will be helpful in this matter. Please suggest some good textbook and material / poinetrs etc. A couple of book I can buy and start reading ?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
  1. A lot of material is available online for self study.
  2. Start with say 498a/406 cases, go to court websites, download read judgements for these cases all the way from trial, sessions, High and Supreme Courts.
  3. The judgements will show you lots of fine points that came up in litigation in various situations. High court and Supreme court judgements are very nicely argued, usually quite a pleasure to read. 
  4. Refer to bare acts (IPC, CrPC, CPC) available online for sections you don't understand. ILS students have also made many youtube videos to explain IPC sections in great detail. 
  5. Indian legal system has its many flaws but it is still very thorough and follows principles of jurisprudence quite well. Studying law gives you understanding of the backbone that holds society together. Law is a very fascinating thing to study!

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     31 May 2016

From google download it in PDF formats.

Please check my profile links also. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register