LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gulam Abbas Siddiqui   20 October 2018

Re: Muslim Divorce and False 498a case

I will give you a brief of my situation. I am a Sunni Hanafi Muslim who holds OCI as well as Australian citizenship. I got married on 16 July 2017 to an Indian resident girl. I stayed in India for 12 days and returned to Australia on 1 August 2017. My mother holds Indian Passport and my father holds OCI as well as Australian citizenship as they reside in Australia as well with me. The marriage was conducted under their presence. Once I returned to Australia my wife starting behaving very arrogantly and started demanding huge sums of money for her parents. I tried to explain to her politely the gravity of husband and wife relationship, but she never listened. On 28 January she cut off communications and on 1 April 2018 she sent a text message falsely accusing my mother of talking to her brother-in-law and making dowry demands. Then on 22 May 2018 she went to CCS Women's cell and made false allegations and lodged a false 498a case against us all accusing us of taking 18 tolas of gold and giving 5 Lakhs in dowry and non-consummation of marriage. This all wrong as she and her family lives in a rented house with weak financial background. I had married her without any demands and didn't make any even after marriage. The police officer there had filed FIR only and he is intentionally not filing any chargesheet. I will be thankful if you can please guide me as to how to divorce this woman under following proper Muslim Personal Law and how to quash this false 498a case altogether.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register