LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan sunil (SR Manager)     14 May 2010

Lease renewal

The lease of my house  has expired about 10 years ago,at that time it was in the name of my grandfather.but now he is dead and has left no will and so he is left with his heirs of one son (my father who also died recently) and his 2  daughters.

i want to know under whose name will this lease be renewed now can i and my mother include our name instead of my father apart from my 2 aunts

or only 1 person me or my mother is entitled to include our name .

is there any particular boundation for lease renewal or we can include anyone name in the lease renewal if noone has objections.

Learning

2 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     14 May 2010

Since the original owner (your grandfather) who entered into the lease with the tenant is dead, the lease cannot be renewed.  Only a fresh lease agreement has to be entered into by the surviving legal heirs.

All the legal heirs (including your aunts) being co - sharers of the property, have the right to enter into lease with tenants.   In case if they give no objection, you and your mother can enter into lease agreement with the tenants.

Good luck....

Heaven 2011 (SERVE FRIENDS)     15 May 2010

But Mr. Krishna what you are telling, if i am not wrong, is just the termination of the prior agreement. Now say the lease is in effect and the real owner died leaving no will. Then would the same advice be applicable prvided all other matter of the above case remain same. And if the new agreement is made, then for any prior dues which remain unpaid like rent, security for rent etc what to do with those? Kindly advise

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register